Monday, April 21, 2008

Smiley Bun

Aoife and I had a wonderful day today. We took a walk in the morning to Berkeley Bowl (the coolest grocery store in the world!) I got a couple things there, and we walked back. I had lunch and then Aoife and I fed and spent the afternoon talking to each other. She is really smiling now when you talk to her. She likes to be sung to and kissed on the cheeks. She's such a cutie.

We took the bus to Janaki's class. A crazy woman got on and started yelling at the invisible person next to her. Janaki gave us a big hug when we arrived and she weighed Aoife. I left her clothes on, but Janaki weighed her at 9lbs! I couldn't believe it, she's growing too fast. Janaki set me up on her couch and she put Aoife on my chest. Janaki talked to her a little bit and Aoife smiled really large for her. I've never seen her smile so big at a "stranger". After a while, Aoife bobbed her head around and made her way down to the right side and latched on and went to town! Fabulous...no more pumping! I was so happy that she was latching on properly and did that cool head dance. We weighed Aoife after the feeding and she gained 1.5oz.

Tim showed up and we told the class our birth story. It felt like yesterday that we were sitting in the class listening to someone else's birth class. It was a lot of fun to tell our story since it was quite an adventure! We wished the women good luck and headed home for bed.

No comments: