Saturday, October 31, 2009

Monterey Bay-Asilomar


last weekend, we went to Asilimar. Tim had an immunology conference, so he invited Aoife and I to come along. We had so much fun. Asilimar is situated right along the southern california coast. Our hotel was a five minute walk from the beach. We had a really big room with a fireplace. I love fireplaces. Aoife and I went to the beach everyday. As well as there beong an immunology conference, there was also a midwifery conference, and I dropped in on a couple of speakers. The midwives were an interesting bunch of women. A lot of them had little babies. I even got a peek at Ina May Gaskin who is the writer of many birthing books which I read while I was pregnant.

On Sunday, we went to Monterey Bay aquarium. It is one of the largest aquariums in California. Aoife LOVED it. She loves fish tanks as it is, but the aquairium really blew her away. She loved watching all the fish, jelly fish, and sea horses. They even had a childrens section. Here is a picture of Aoife playing with a fish in water. I really don't know how long she spent playing here, but it was a very long time.
On our way back, we stopped by Santa Cruz and took a walk on the beach. Aoife was a little afraid of the waves, and was pretty tired by this point, so we headed on home.

No comments: