Tuesday, March 16, 2010


I woke up excited this morning knowing that Aoife and I would once again go to Toddler time at the library. I really missed doing these things with her. Aoife seemed a little bit overwhelmed since she had not been their in a while and there were a lot more people then I had remembered from before. She still enjoyed it though and had more fun at the end when people were finally starting to leave. We went home, had lunch, and Aoife took a nap. Another thing that I missed was going to the farmers market every Tuesday to pick up our CSA. We went to the park first and then went to the farmers market. Aoife had fun watching and listening to the musicians. I wanted to buy some duck eggs from the egg man, but he said that a restaurant came buy and bought them out. Oh, well, I'll try again on Saturday to get some duck eggs! I stopped at the Full Belly farm stand and bought the largest carrots I'd ever seen in my life. I also bought some chard and garlic greens. My garlic at home is starting to become infested with little black bugs. It's pretty sad because I planted those cloves from the last of my amazingly tasty full belly farm bulbs. I also bought a nutternut squash at a different farm stand. Aoife was hungry so I bought her a little pear tart that she fully enjoyed. I grabbed a Thai iced-tea and sat down with Aoife while we watched another musician playing Irish folk music. It was a beautiful day. Later that night I made Butter nut squash with parmesan risotto...it was delicious; the squash just melted perfectly.

No comments: