Thursday, March 18, 2010

Happy St. Patricks Day!


This morning there were snails all over our back yard. I thought Aoife would get a kick out of them, so I brought one in for her to play with. She was very very excited and wanted to crush it, so I had to show her how to touch it gently. She watched for a very long time and then got brave enough to touch him. She laughed hysterically when she touched the snails eyes-they popped right in. I used to love snails as a young kid, but on closer inspection they are really quite creepy. We eventually put him outside again. Later that day I let Aoife play with a ceramic snail I bought years ago, and she dressed it up in bright pink play dough clothes.

That morning Aoife and I went to Totland which is a playground dedicated to toddlers. There are tons of toys, space, and equipment to play with. Again, Aoife was overwhelmed by all the people, but she eventually settled in. One of her favorite things to do was climb a spiderweb roped play structure. She's really good at carrying her own weight. I think she's going to be a great climber when she's older. After totland, we went to Solano and had lunch at a fancy vegan fast food place-which for some reason was having a special corned beef sandwich made of what?I have no idea because it sounded discusting. We went into my favorite book chain Pendragon and Pegasus, and I found a book that I had been looking for for ages on sale. I bought Aoife a book too about two farmers. Aoife took a nap in the car and then I bought her a bunch of stuff to keep her occupied on our journey to Wisconsin.

Later that night, we went to a St. Paddy's day party at James and Maggies house. Aoife had a lot of fun playing with the plastic green hats and everyone enjoyed being around her. It was fun but we stayed alittle too late. Aoife fell asleep in the car on the ride home.

No comments: