Thursday, March 18, 2010


Tim and I have a bad case of poison oak/ivy that we picked up from our weekend get-away at Steep Ravine. We are both very itchy although Tim seems to have it worse than I do. I just hope Aoife doesn't get it.

I took Aoife to her favorite park today which is Willard park. She thoroughly enjoyed every moment. It's one of my favorite parks too because it is clean, safe, and not full of junk toys. Aoife ran around laughing, playing on push toys, swinging, sliding and climbing on the play structures. At one point a crazed little curly red head boy roared at her which scared her. She ran over with that-I'm gonna burst into tears face- and then cried. She is at an age right now where she gets scared very easy by things. I comforted her and she was okay after drinking some water. Off she went again and ran around. She likes to know explanations to things such as how she hurt herself, or why the boy scared her. Once I explain things that happened to her she seems fine. We had lunch at the park and then I went to my old place of employment to turn in my key and pick up some books and my triangle. It was strange to be back. Steve had a lot of fun with her playing peek-a-boo and feeding each other fish. He was really great with her. My teacher-friends were having a teachers meeting so I decided to leave. I took Aoife home and she took a nap.

Aoife woke up in a great mood, so we went outside on our "balcony" and I filled a tub of water for her to play in. She took a lot of the soil from my garden and dumped it in their. She got very messy, but enjoyed the fact that I was letting her get dirty. I had to give her a bath to clean her up. She loved to take a bath and can spend up to half and hour in it. I needed to get some fruit, so we went off to Berkley bowl. Aoife has a push cart that she like to pretend play with. She often goes off to Berkeley bowl in it. Aoife loves being in Berkeley bowl, but unfortunately for me she loves grabbing things off the shelves. In Berkeley Bowl, Aoife was singing twinkle twinkle at the top of her lung-so cute! People laughed at her.

No comments: